As another month of boxing fixtures under the shadow of Covid-19 rolls around, one of the sport’s most prominent figures has fallen victim to the virus.
Matchroom Sports promoter Eddie Hearn announced via a Twitter post that he had tested positive for Covid-19 today (Thursday 1 October).
With his team scheduled to host a card three days later at Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes, Hearn had to drop everything and go home after receiving the positive test.
Hearn’s tweet read: "Gutted to just find out I tested positive for Covid-19 today and have to leave the bubble immediately. Thankfully all other tests were negative. Heading home to rest - catch up tomorrow."
Luckily the planned fights, between Chantelle Cameron and Adriana Dos Santos Araujo, and Joshua Buatsi and Marko Calic, can still go ahead.
But Hearn’s positive test goes to show what a precarious position the sport of boxing - and indeed society as a whole - is in.
Earlier in the pandemic, Hearn constructed ‘Fight Camp’ in the back garden of his home and Matchroom's headquarters in Brentwood, Essex.
Following the restrictions of the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC), Hearn staged a series of outdoor fights without fans, but the sport has since moved back inside – something at which Hearn has expressed discomfort.
In a recent press conference, the promoter said: "I feel so much more comfortable doing it outside rather than in a small studio with people sweating and bleeding, PPE or no PPE - it's a very different feel to it outside."
Despite Hearn’s misgivings, this is the next phase for his boxing cards on the return from the enforced Covid-19 break.
Here we take a look ahead to this month’s schedule.
Saturday 3 October at MGM Grand Ballroom, Las Vegas, USA
- Jose Zepeda vs Ivan Baranchyk (Super-Lightweight)
Sunday 4 October at Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes, UK
- Joshua Buatsi vs Marko Calic (Light-Heavyweight)
- Chantelle Cameron vs Adriana Dos Santos Araujo (WBC Super-Lightweight Title)
Friday 9 October at MGM Grand Ballroom, Las Vegas, USA
- Emanuel Navarrete vs Ruben Villa (WBO Featherweight Title)
Saturday 10 October at BT Sport Studios, London, UK
- Liam Williams vs Andrew Robinson (British Middleweight Title)
- Nathan Gorman vs Richard Lartey (Heavyweight)
Saturday 17 October at Venue TBC, UK
- Lewis Ritson vs Miguel Vazquez (Super-Lightweight)
Saturday 17 October at MGM Grand Ballroom, Las Vegas, USA
- Teofimo Lopez vs Vasyl Lomachenko (WBA, WBO, IBF & WBC ‘Franchise’ Lightweight Titles)
Friday 23 October at Mexico City, Mexico
- Juan Estrada vs Carlos Cuadras (WBC Super-Flyweight Title)
- Roman Gonzalez vs Israel Gonzalez (WBA Super-Flyweight Title)
- Julio Cesar Martinez vs Opponent TBC (WBC Flyweight Title)
Saturday 24 October at Mohegan Sun, Connecticut, USA
- Sergey Lipinets vs Custio Clayton (IBF ‘Interim’ Welterweight Title)
Friday 30 October at Fantasy Springs, Indio, California, USA
- Jaime Munguia vs Tureano Johnson (Middleweight)
Saturday 31 October at Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Gervonta Davis vs Leo Santa Cruz (WBA Super-Featherweight Title)
Saturday 31 October at MGM Grand Ballroom, Las Vegas, USA
Naoya Inoue vs Jason Moloney (WBA & IBF Bantamweight Titles)
Saturday 31 October at Venue TBC, UK
- Oleksandr Usyk vs Derek Chisora (Heavyweight)
- Lee Selby vs George Kambosos Jr (Lightweight)
- Dave Allen vs Christian Hammer (Heavyweight)
- Tommy McCarthy vs Bilal Laggoune (European Cruiserweight Title)
Saturday 31 October at Venue TBC, Russia
- Murat Gassiev vs Sefer Seferi (Heavyweight)