Ten title fights will take place across the British, European and World boxing landscapes during October.
Undoubtedly the most anticipated fight of the whole month will be Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder III, which is being billed as the ‘Once and For All’ fight.
Fury (30-0-1, 21 KOs), the WBC and The Ring heavyweight champion, and Wilder (42–1–1, 41 KOs) will meet in the trilogy match up on Saturday 9 October at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, USA.
After first fighting in December 2018 – when the bout controversially ended in a draw – Fury and Wilder met again in February 2020. On that occasion, the victor Fury took the WBC and The Ring titles after securing a technical knockout in the seventh round.
The third instalment has been a long time coming, despite Wilder initiating a rematch clause way back in March 2020.
A date was originally set for July, but a combination of a Wilder injury and the Covid pandemic saw the bout pushed back to October. A further postponement to December occurred due to Covid restrictions limiting the number of fans who would be able to attend in person.
When it was suggested the fight be moved for a third time – due to live TV scheduling issues – Fury said ‘enough was enough’ and announced he was walking away. Tempers reached boiling point when Wilder responded by alleging that Fury had cheated during their second bout
The pair entered into a months-long mediation process with an arbitration judge eventually ruling for Wilder, ordering Fury to make the fight happen by mid-September.
After a July fight was postponed due to Fury testing positive for Covid, the 9 October date was confirmed.
Neither boxer has fought since the February 2020 rematch and, as the heated rivalry has continued to boil away quietly, this will be a fight full of intrigue and passion.
Here is the full boxing schedule for the upcoming month of October.
Saturday 2 October at SSE Wembley Arena, London, UK – Ben Shalom’s BOXXER
- David Avanesyan vs Liam Taylor (European Welterweight Title)
Saturday 9 October at M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool, UK – Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom
- Liam Smith vs Anthony Fowler (Super-Welterweight)
- Ted Cheeseman vs Troy Williamson (British Super-Welterweight Title)
- Shannon Courtenay vs Jamie Mitchell (WBA World Bantamweight Title)
Saturday 9 October at Birmingham, UK – Frank Warren’s Queensberry
- Brad Foster vs Jason Cunningham (European, British and Commonwealth Super-Bantamweight Titles)
- Ekow Essuman vs Danny Ball (British and Commonwealth Welterweight Titles)
- Callum Johnson vs Server Emurlaev (Light-Heavyweight)
Saturday 9 October at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, USA – Bob Arum’s Top Rank and Al Haymon’s PBC
- Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder III (WBC Heavyweight Title)
- Efe Ajagba vs Frank Sanchez (Heavyweight)
- Robert Helenius vs Adam Kownacki II (Heavyweight)
- Jared Anderson vs Vladimir Tereshkin (Heavyweight)
- Edgar Berlanga vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres (Super-Middleweight)
Friday 15 October at Pechanga Arena, San Diego, USA – Bob Arum’s Top Rank
- Emanuel Navarrete vs Joet Gonzalez (WBO Featherweight Title)
Saturday 16 October at Utilita Arena, Newcastle, UK – Ben Shalom’s BOXXER
- Savannah Marshall vs Lolita Muzeya (WBO Middleweight Title)
- Hughie Fury vs Christian Hammer (Heavyweight)
- Lewis Ritson vs Opponent TBC (Super-Lightweight)
Saturday 16 October at Fresno, California, USA – Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom
- Mikey Garcia vs Sandor Martin (145lbs Catchweight)
- Elwin Soto vs Jonathan Gonzalez (WBO Light-Flyweight Title)
Saturday 23 October at State Farm Arena, Atlanta, USA – Bob Arum’s Top Rank
- Jamel Herring vs Shakur Stevenson (WBO Super-Featherweight Title)
Saturday 30 October at O2 Arena, London, UK – Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom
- Dillian Whyte vs Otto Wallin (Heavyweight)
- Alen Babic vs Lucas Browne (Heavyweight)