Bravose Previews: Fights happening in August 2021
by Kate Rosindale on Aug 01, 2021
There is a total of six title fights set to take place in August 2021.
First up, on Saturday 7 August, Kid Galahad (27-1, 16 KO) and Jazza Dickens II (30-3, 11 KO) will fight it out for the vacant IBF Featherweight Title at the Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom HQ Back Garden in Brentwood, Essex.
The fighters are set to renew their rivalry almost eight years after Galahad scored a 10th round TKO of Dickens in a previous match up.
John Riel Casimero (30-4, 21 KO) takes on Guillermo Rigondeaux (20-1, 13 KO) for the WBA and WBO Bantamweight Titles on Saturday 14 August at the Dignity Health Sports Park in California.
Despite being nine years younger than his opponent, Casimero is the more experienced fighter and is currently ranked five spots higher by the RING at bantamweight.
On Saturday 21 August, Manny Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39 KO) will take on Errol Spence (27-0, 21 KO) at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas for the WBC and IBF Welterweight Titles).
Plenty of stars from the boxing world have been weighing in with their opinions of who will come out on top, with Mike Tyson fancying Pacquiao’s chances.
The same night will see Yordenis Ugas (26-4, 12 KO) and Fabian Maidana (18-1, 13 KOs) battle it out for the WBA Welterweight belt.
Ugas will be defending his title against the fringe contender Maidana, with many pundits backing Ugas and claiming a more deserving contender should have been chosen for the fight.
Back in the UK and Akeem Ennis-Brown (14-0, 1 KO) will meet Sam Maxwell (15-0, 11 KO) to defend his Commonwealth and British Super-Lightweight Titles on Saturday 28 August at the Utilita Arena in Birmingham.
Both fighters are undefeated and will get to meet after a March bout was cancelled due to injury.
On the undercard of the same bill, Anthony Cacace (18-1, 7 KO) takes on Leon Woodstock (11-1, 5 KO) to retain his British Super-Featherweight Title.
This is another rescheduled fight, with this being the fourth date agreed. Health issues – including a positive Covid-19 result for Woodstock in February – have put paid to earlier dates.
Friday 6 August at Feile, Falls Park, Belfast, UK – Conlan Boxing and Bob Arum’s Top Rank
- Michael Conlan vs TJ Doheny (Super-Bantamweight)
Saturday 7 August at Matchroom HQ Back Garden, Essex, UK – Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Fight Camp
- Kid Galahad vs Jazza Dickens II (IBF Featherweight Title)
Saturday 14 August at Matchroom HQ Back Garden, Essex, UK – Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Fight Camp
- Joshua Buatsi vs Ricards Bolotniks (Light-Heavyweight)
Saturday 14 August at Dignity Health Sports Park, California, USA – Al Haymon’s PBC
- John Riel Casimero vs Guillermo Rigondeaux (WBA and WBO Bantamweight Titles)
Saturday 14 August at The Star, Frisco, Texas, USA – Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy
- Vergil Ortiz Jr vs Egidijius Kavaliauskas (Welterweight)
Saturday 21 August at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, USA – Al Haymon’s PBC
- Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence (WBC and IBF Welterweight Titles)
- Yordenis Ugas vs Fabian Maidana (WBA Welterweight Title)
Saturday 28 August at Utilita Arena, Birmingham, UK – Frank Warren’s Queensberry
- Anthony Yarde vs Alex Theran (Light-Heavyweight)
- Akeem Ennis-Brown vs Sam Maxwell (Commonwealth and British Super-Lightweight Title)
- Anthony Cacace vs Leon Woodstock (British Super-Featherweight Title)
Saturday 28 August at Phoenix Suns Arena, Arizona, USA – Al Haymon’s PBC
- David Benavidez vs Jose Uzcategui (Super-Middleweight)
Sunday 29 August at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Ohio – Jake Paul’s Most Valuable Promotions
- Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley (190lbs Catchweight)
- Tommy Fury vs Anthony Taylor (180lbs Catchweight)
- Daniel Dubois vs Joe Cusumano (Heavyweight)